Swimming club for babies and toddlers
Indoor swimming pool:
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 7 am – 9:45 pm, Sat 10 am – 6 pm, Sun 8 am – 10 am and 2 pm – 6 pm
Women’s swimming: Sat 8 am – 10 am
Baby swimming: Sun 10 am – 1:30 pm
The outdoor pool is closed.
The ticket office closes one hour and the pool closes 30 minutes before the end of opening hours.
Frei- und Hallenbad Kleinfeldchen
Accessibility by public transport:
Bus lines 4, 17, 23, 24, 27, 45 & 47 to Kleinfeldchen.
Baby and toddler swim meet for children between 0 and 4 years of age
Baby swimming is ideally suited for playfully getting toddlers used to the element of water. At the same time, early education in water not only supports the child’s health but also its mental receptiveness. The buoyancy of the water relieves the body so that children can perform movements that they would not yet be able to do on land. Together with an accompanying person, we want to develop and promote a positive attitude towards water in our baby swimming classes.
|Course day||Time from Sunday, 8 January 2023|
|Sundays||10:00 am – 1:30 pm|
The cost for one adult and one baby/toddler together is 8.00 euros. Each additional adult costs 5.00 euros and each additional baby/toddler costs 2.00 euros.
- promotes physical, motor, mental and social development
- improves water confidence with the help of parents
- intensifies parent-child contact
- promotes early learning to swim
- the baby is at least twelve weeks old
- the agreement of the paediatrician is available (not required in writing)
Please do not forget
- baby/toddler swim nappies
- Food and drink (no glass bottles)
- last meal about an hour before swimming
This should be started at home
- Change to the large bathtub
- Reduce water temperature to 34° C
- Extend bath time to ten to 15 minutes
- Alternate between prone and supine position
- Wet head and face
- In order to adapt to the child’s eating and sleeping habits, participation can be decided individually within the offer times.
- The baby and toddler swim meet is not a course and therefore not bound to regular attendance.
- The water temperature is 32° C.
- A team of trained instructors is available to provide tips and suggestions.