The oldest thermal baths in Wiesbaden…
The water of the Schützenhof Spring is significantly colder and poorer in minerals than that of other Wiesbaden thermal springs. The outlet of the drinking point is 50° C to 52° C.
The founding fathers of bathing culture, the Romans, opened the first thermal baths for soldiers at the Schützenhofquelle spring. It later became a small sanctuary to the goddess Sirona, which was built by spa guests from a part of Gaul situated on the left banks of the Rhine. A memorial stone to the Celtic goddess of healing springs is now exhibited in the Roman section of the State Museum.
In the Middle Ages, the Schützenhofquelle formed part of a court estate. The water was treasured by medieval spa doctors and ascribed mild and medicinal qualities. The fountain’s current name comes from the owner of the medieval bathhouse, Baron Gottfried Schütz von Holzhausen. When the estate was passed down to Count Johann von Nassau-Idstein in 1631, the name “Stately Baths to the Mountains” didn’t catch on, but “The Count’s Baths” did. However, it’s always remained the “Schützenhofquelle” in popular parlance.
|Borehole depth||61 m – 125.5 m|
|Framework||1.75 – 25.75 m below ground|
|Extension pipe||NPS 200 mm, 25.75 – 50.75 m below ground|
|Filter pipe||NPS 200 mm, 50.75 – 55.75 m below ground; full connecting pipe: NPS 200 mm, 55.75 – 60.75 m below ground; sump pump: NPS 200 mm|
|Flow rate||Artesian pressure (6-8 bar), 21 m³|
|Extracted volume||50,000 m³ / year|