Winter season: November to March
Mon. 9 am – 2:20 pm, Tues. and Thurs. 9 am – 4:50 pm, Wed., Sundays and holidays 9 am – 5:20 pm, Fri.: 9 am – 8:50 pm and Sat. 12:30 pm – 8:50 pm
Exact running times can be found here…
Kiosk and rental are closed on Mondays, except on public holidays and school vacations.
A booking is required for curling 0611 31-2457
Accessibility by public transport:
Bus lines 4, 12, 23, 24 & 47 to Kleinfeldchen.
Henkell artificial ice rink unfortunately remains closed
Due to the current energy crisis, mattiaqua will not be operating the Henkell artificial ice rink this winter as an energy-saving measure.
Everything literally comes full circle every year in November… when the people of Wiesbaden flock to the 60 x 30 m ice rink for lots of outdoor fun and exercise. The evening ice discos are another attraction, featuring floodlights, lighting effects and a sound system.
The facilities are actually popular all year round, because they also attract inline skaters in the summer.
The ice rink has a total area of 1,800 m² (60 x 30 m) – an outdoor sports haven for fans of pucks and pirouettes. The standardised facilities are also the ideal venue for winter sports clubs, such as ice hockey and figure skating teams, featuring a well-maintained surface, function rooms and floodlights.
The sports venue is an all-round popular meeting place in winter, especially for young people, thanks to its ice discos with pop music and lighting effects.
There are plenty of learning aids, such as penguins and gnomes, to help young skaters take their first steps on the ice.
Public skating times
|1st term||2st term||3st term||4st term|
|Mondays||9 am – 11:50 am||12:30 – 2:20 pm|
|Tuesdays||9 am – 11:50 am||12:30 – 2:20 pm||3 pm – 4:50 pm|
|Wednesdays||9 am – 11:50 am||12:30 – 2:20 pm||3 pm – 5:20 pm|
|Thursdays||9 am – 11:50 am||12:30 – 2:20 pm||3 pm – 4:50 pm|
|Fridays||9 am – 11:50 am||12:30 – 2:20 pm||3 pm – 5:50 pm||6:30 pm – 8:50 pm|
|Saturdays||12:30 – 2:20 pm||3 pm – 5:50 pm||6:30 pm – 8:50 pm|
|Sundays and public holidays||9 am – 11:50 am||12:30 – 2:20 pm||3 pm – 5:20 pm|
- All users must vacate the facilities at the end of each skating slot.
- The ticket office closes half an hour before the end of each skating slot. Admission is then no longer possible until the next slot.
- All admission tickets entitle the holder to one admission only per term.
- Misuse of the tickets will result in their confiscation.
- Smoking is not permitted for young people under the age of 18.
|Tarif||Price – until 18 years||Price – from 18 years|
|Single ticket||EUR 1.70||EUR 3.40|
|Monday to Friday mornings |
(except on public holidays and during school holidays)
|EUR 0.60||EUR 2.30|
|Ice disco||EUR 8.00||EUR 8.00|
|Other||Babies and toddlers (0-2 years): free entry|
Prices are per term.
All tickets only entitle the holder to one visit per skating slot.
The sports venue is an all-round popular meeting place in winter, especially for young people, thanks to its ice discos with pop music and lighting effects. This year, the ice disco will be held on 11/26/2021 and 12/17/2021.
Hires and sales
- Ice skates can only be hired with a deposit (valid photo ID or EUR 100.00 for each pair).
- The rental fee for ice skates is EUR 3.50 (and only EUR 3.00 from Tuesdays to Fridays between 9 am and 12 pm).
- The rental fee is EUR 5.00 during ice discos.
- A padlock can be hired for EUR 0.50 with a deposit of EUR 6.00.
- The kiosk and hiring booth are closed on Mondays (except on public holidays and during school holidays).
- Ice skating aids can be hired for EUR 1.00 with a deposit of EUR 5.00.
In addition to the items available for hire, new hockey boots and figure skating shoes are also sold at the rink. Various skating items can also be ordered.
Curling is a popular and sociable winter sport that you can try out at the Henkell ice rink from November to the end of February.
You can play in teams or individually – the most accurate player or team wins. You can have lots of fun on the new curling lane as a family outing, school trip or friendly competition with your colleagues.
|Mondays to Fridays||12:30 pm – 2:20 pm|
|Tuesdays and Thursdays||3 pm – 4:50 pm|
|Wednesdays||3 pm – 5:20 pm|
|Fridays||3 pm – 5:50 pm|
6:30 pm – 8:50 pm
It costs EUR 39.00 to hire a curling lane for an hour plus EUR 1.20 for each spectator. A booking is necessary: +49 611 31-2457
- We have staff who can provide assistance to the disabled
- Disabled parking spaces (Hollerbornstraße and Nixenstraße)
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair-friendly facilities
Public transport routes
Bus lines 4, 12, 23, 24 & 47 to Kleinfeldchen.
Timetable information: Kleinfeldchen